Thursday, September 15, 2011

Timothy's Community Festival


Above is a photograph of a September sunset that I took last week. The clouds were spectacularly beautiful and there was an incredible glow in the air; I had no choice but to reach for my camera. I always like to have an image to share and since all my current pieces are works in progress, this picture felt like a good choice. Nothing compares with the artistry found in nature.

I'm working on a few projects at the moment, one of which is a watercolour painting of a  blue jay. As it happens, a number of people at the Grimsby Festival of Art this past Saturday asked me if I have any blue jay images. One lady in particular was on a search for a blue jay painting to give as a gift with special significance. She mentioned that she would keep an eye on my website to see when I'm done the painting. About a minute after I'd spoken with her, I realized I should have saved her the trouble by getting her contact info so that I can let her know when the painting is finished and there are prints available. So if you're out there waiting to see when I finish the blue jay painting, please email me and I'll let you know when it's done and there are giclees made.

This Saturday, Sept 17, there's a Community Festival taking place at Timothy Christian School. The event is going to have family friendly activities, great food and a vendor's market. And, you guessed it, I'm also going to be there with my art from 8AM - 2PM. So if you'd like to have some fun and do some shopping while supporting a good cause, come check things out on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment