Friday, September 9, 2011

Sign Me Up

This is painted with acrylic on a piece of primed canvas about 3.5 ft x 4.5 ft.

t is for rose

A few days ago, Jean's Flower Shop, a floral place near my house, was giving away free bunches of a dozen roses for good neighbour day. If you show up in time, there's many different colours of roses to choose from, as well as complimentary timbits and coffee. There's also a food bank donation box where you can bring your dry-goods. So Clarence and I walked over with some non-perishable food items in hand and picked out some lovely pink roses. After arriving back home and arranging the flowers, I was struck with a design idea for a new sign to hang by my display at the upcoming Grimsby Festival of Art. Two words: Flower Alphabet! I've done the flower alphabet before on a thankyou card, and the beautiful pink roses reminded me to use it again for my sign. The late night photograph that I took of the banner after I finished painting it last night would have looked better if I'd taken it in daylight, but c'est la vie. 

The Festival tomorrow takes place on Nelles Blvd. & Central School in Grimsby. I'm going to be located inside at the School. The GFA goes from 9AM -5PM so you can check it out and still be able to go to the SuperCrawl in Hamilton that's happening at night. I thought about having a display at the Supercrawl, but I think the emphasis there is on all the free, live musical performances that will be taking place. If I have some energy left over from the day, I hope to go have a listen. 
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment