Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sketching in the Rain

Yaaaay, the chord that connects my camera to my computer arrived in the mail today! It was mistakenly left behind in British Columbia when we returned home. Now I can download the recent vacation photos I took and pictures of some of my artwork. As I think about it, the list of things to be thankful for is limitless. That was clear to me as I sat in my backyard this afternoon sketching birds and trees while Clarence napped. After something of a dry spell, there was a good long rain today in Hamilton. Sitting under a big sun umbrella on the deck, I was able to do some sketching and stay dry. Now that's what I call summer vacation. The birds looked happy too, as they cooled off in a light rain and snacked on some bird seed.



There's also a new little painting that I'd like to share but it will have to wait a few days since the piece is a commission that's intended as a gift for someone who hasn't received it yet. I had better not ruin any surprises!

p.s. What's something you're thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment