Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Thoughtful Cowboy


Day 11: A back and white photo


Day 12: A photo experimenting with bokeh
                                       
Day 13: A photo edit that you like
The 30 day photo challenge I embarked upon a number of weeks ago is going to take many more days than 30, but oh well. Here's the latest installment. My favourite of the bunch is Day 12, a photo experimenting with bokeh. I am no photographer and I didn't know what bokeh was before I looked it up on wikipedia, so here's the link in case you don't know what bokeh is either. The bokeh photo is of a ball that's a round mesh made of green and blue plastic wires. I pointed the camera lens at the exterior of the ball and focused the camera on the opposite, interior side of the ball. It's neat how the blurry plastic strands in the foreground sort of look like battling lightsabers. 

If Day 12 is my attempt at being artful, than Day 13 is me being silly. Clarence was eating lunch and ended up with such a perfectly curled mustache of almond butter, that I felt compelled to draw a cow boy hat on his head to match the old West mustache. I used Adobe Photoshop elements. As I look at this now, the hat would've benefited from me seeing what a cow boy hat looks like or maybe just editing in a real cowboy hat. But what can I say, it was fun using the Photoshop brush.

Day 11 is simply sweet and that's thanks to the lovely little daughter of a friend and a cute raincoat. A nice note to end on, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment