Thursday, June 9, 2011

I Challenge You to an Art Crawl!

Day 6: A photo from a low angle
I love you, asymmetrical balance


Day 7: A silhouette photo

Posted above are my most recent efforts for the 30 day photo challenge. I seem to have really taken the notion of challenge to heart this week. For instance, you would think I've challenged myself to see how little sleep I need. Not a particularly wise endeavour or one undertaken for any great purpose. But tonight I'm going to challenge myself to be asleep by 11 pm. If my tiredness weren't a great enough motivation in and of itself, than the thought that I'll be a vendor at tomorrow's James Street North Art Crawl would certainly give me sufficient cause to rest up. 

The basic premise of the Art Crawl is that every second Friday of the month all the galleries on James Street North are open late and there's a great selection of art to check out. A number of artists who have their studios on James Street also open up their places for people to come in and have a look. And as if that weren't enough, the area is also something of a 'little Portugal' so there's some great food to be had as well (mmm...custard tarts). 

I've been to a number of Art Crawls, but I've never done the Makers Market that happens there so I'm quite excited to be a participant tomorrow. I'll be selling prints of my watercolour paintings and, although it's not quite done, I think I'll bring along the horse painting I'm currently working on to show as an example of the type of custom work I do. The Art Crawls are usually pretty busy with a wide range of people turning out so it should be fun to be part of the vibe Friday night. Things get underway at 7pm and the Market itself ends at 10 pm, although there's usually still other things open beyond that time. 

If you've never been to an Art Crawl, it's a great way to spend a Friday night. 

2 comments:

  1. Best of Luck at the Art Crawl Steph! I hope lots of people 'crawl' by your booth and buy lots of your paintings! :)

    ReplyDelete