Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Banner's Up

Not too long after I wrote about my PC careening off a cliff, my internet connection took a little holiday. Because the internet was down, our digital phone line was also out. While I was waiting for the repairman to come sometime between 8am and 5pm on Tuesday, I couldn't really leave the house. The only natural course of action was to make a double batch of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. We have a tiny oven, so it's not often that I decide I'll be on hand to take a cookie sheet in and out of the oven a zillion times.

But now both my computer and internet are back and they're on speaking terms with each other. Tonight I've been working on getting my Etsy shop up and running so that I can sell prints of my watercolour paintings to the far corners of the world. I'd tell you how long it took me to make a digital banner for the shop, but I purposefully didn't keep track. It's a little embarrassing. Nothing is for sale yet, but I do have a banner made. Admittedly I'd love to end the day with a greater sense of accomplishment, but end this day must. Or so says Yoda.

Here's what the banner looks like so far. Every once in a while I try to meet up with my inner graphic designer, but she keeps irregular hours. As you can see, I'm using the same name for my Etsy shop as for this blog.


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Exciting stuff Steph! Best of luck with the Etsy shop! I've been wanting to start one as well, but just haven't found the time to look into it...is it hard to do?!
    I'll probably look it over sometime during this long weekend :)

    By the way, just thought I'd mention that my mouth totally salivated once I read about your peanut butter chocolate chip cookies!!! Mmmmmm!!! Sounds yummy!

    Anyways, I must end this now..
    Have a Happy Easter with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria! I don't think starting an Etsy shop is hard, but it does require logging some hours at the computer and practicing patience and organization. After I had my computer fixed, I had to reload a whole bunch of programs that I needed and that was surprisingly time consuming and was driving me a little nutty.

    By the way, I love hearing about how your book is going and am looking forward to seeing it! And the cookies are dangerously good. I had frozen a couple batches, but they're already out of the freezer.

    Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete