Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Regal Canine



 Yesterday I did some preliminary work for a dog portrait. I like to start with doing some rough sketches of different poses so that's the story behind these drawings. I'm working from photographs, and man, does this dog photograph well. She looks so dignified. There's something kind of regal about this animal.

Today I wanted to get done a little watercolour sketch, which is the next step before I start on the final painting, but I just don't have it in me tonight. I fell asleep listening to my husband reading bedtime stories to our son. Curious George really numbs the senses. The other reason for my grogginess was today's unexpected supply teaching. I do enjoy the occasional classroom experience but tomorrow I plan on sleeping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment