Sunday, February 20, 2011

A furry friend of a friend

                                       

I thought the next image I'd share would be of the portrait I finished this past week, but I haven't had a chance to give the portrait to its intended recipients, so its electronic debut will have to wait.  This afternoon has been unusually quiet, and I really felt like doing some sketching to pass the time.

The little canine seen above is Cady, a friend's pet. Ever since my friend sent me some photographs of her dog, I've been thinking about doing a picture. When I have a painting in mind, I usually start with doing a few sketches in pen to see which image I'd like to turn into a more polished piece. I'm not sure which of Cady's poses I'll go with -- time to keep on drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment