Monday, December 6, 2010

The Miscellaneous Portfolio

Now that I've participated in the last Holiday Makers' Market for 2010, I'm refocusing some energy on sprucing up the ol' website. As I've alluded to before, the technology side of things isn't my strong suit but I do find it helps to do computer related things at night. Daylight is for painting. Clarence has gotten back into monster naps, as I like to call any nap that goes beyond 1.5 hours, which has allowed me to get a fair bit of painting done during the day. So I suppose I can't begrudge the computer for keeping me from watching lousy sitcoms and reruns of design shows at night.

I'm finding the challenge with the website is how to organize the images, especially when there's a piece I'd like to show but not very many examples of that kind of work. Case in point is this oil painting I did about three years ago for the Dundas Valley School of Art Annual Auction. I did this from a photograph I took of the city as I looked out from the Wentworth stairs near Concession street.




I suppose one solution is to do more paintings in this style. I suppose that's one of the good things about art: you can always look forward to doing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment