Monday, November 8, 2010

Bunny Rabbit?



I’ve finished another watercolour. This one was inspired by one of my toddler’s favourite books, Hop. Seeing illustrations of so many cute bunnies gave me the irrepressible urge to paint my own rabbit. What’s the difference between a bunny and a rabbit? It seems that baby rabbits are called bunnies, but to my mind ‘bunny’ is what you call a really cute rabbit. In which case I’m going to go ahead and call my rabbit, bunny.
Another wonderfully illustrated book I’m reading with Clarence is called Quack! In case there’s any wonder as to what that reading material could possibly lead to, here’s the preliminary painting I did yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Steph! Your watercolors look alive! Can't wait to see them turn into a story, you know you can literally create "Speaking pictures!"

    ReplyDelete